The Victorian Soaring Association is recognised by the Gliding Federation of Australia and the Victorian State Government as the peak administration body for all glider pilots and gliding clubs in the Victoria and Tasmania regions. Its members are gliding clubs, including near border areas like Tocumwal and Corowa. We unite all VSA member glider pilots and represent their interests.
What do we do?
Promote gliding, engage in activities that add value to the gliding community and proactively represent the interests of all VSA member glider pilots to the State Government and at the Gliding Federation of Australia.
We do this by:
- Promoting gliding as an outdoor activity that assists in personal development and helps people understand the natural environment
- Advising people how to start gliding
- Coordinating services development through volunteer training programs covering airworthiness, flight instruction and sports coaching
- Promoting gliding clubs and encouraging membership
- Facilitating interclub and member communications
- Building and maintaining relationships with Victorian State Government Departments and Agencies to progress mutual Sports development objectives and to obtain funding to support these.
- Participating in the direction and administration of the affairs of the Gliding Federation of Australia.
The VSA is an Incorporated Association in the State of Victoria. The officers of the VSA are a group of Volunteers elected annually by the members in accordance with prescribed nomination and voting processes associated with the conduct of the annual general meeting of the VSA.
Information on the current Governance arrangements within the VSA can be found here.